Pittsfield, MA 01201 • (413) 347-9747 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accomplished Artist and Graphic Designer with progressive experience in drawing, painting, corporate identity development, page layout, illustration, copywriting, print advertisement and web design.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the capability of fostering close working relationships with clients, management teams, and colleagues.
- Highly motivated with flexibility and attention to detail needed to ensure client needs are met on time and error free.
- Technical proficiency in Adobe CS (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Flash and Dreamweaver), QuarkExpress, CorelDraw GS and Microsoft Office with advanced expertise in Excel.
- Proven success in project management, process improvement initiatives, streamlining daily activities, and enhancing organizational efficiency.
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Visual Communication, Digital Design - September 2010
AMERICAN INTERCONTINENTAL UNIVERSITY – Online
Summa Cum Laude
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Painting and Drawing - June 1992
SCHOOL OF VISUAL ARTS – New York, NY
REDBIRD DESIGN, Pittsfield, MA 2009-Present
Owner and Graphic Designer
Responsible for the operation of a design firm that offers identity, print, illustration and web design for a broad spectrum of clients.
- Berkshire Bank: Microsite development, web layout and brochure design.
- JF Griffin Publishing: Advertising design and magazine article layout.
- Martin Chiropractic: Identity development including logo and stationery package and content management.
- Berkshire Community Action Council: Brochure design.
- Hypervore: Identity development including logo.
- Flaherty Brothers Construction: Identity development including logo, stationery package and t-shirt design.
- Evergreen Realty: Print ad restoration and submission.
CDPHP, Albany, NY December 2010 - February 2011
Design and produce a wide range of print collateral for a major health care provider. Duties include the design and production of forms, brochures, posters, animated gifs, newsletters and advertisements.
KB TOYS, Pittsfield, MA 2001 – 2008
Buyer and Account Director, 2007 – 2008
Managed all facets of buying responsibilities and account management within a retail/wholesale corporation generating over $600 million in annual revenue with direct responsibility for a $30 million client account. Led efforts to develop and execute advertising plans and strategies, including productivity, pricing, volume analysis and merchandising. Played key advisory role in forecasting sales and inventory plans for finance department. Contributed to augmentation of wholesale system and reporting measures significantly improving productivity levels. Grew product selection by traveling to trade shows in U.S. and China. Served as primary liaison between major clients, logistics, distribution, traffic, finance, and legal teams.
Associate Buyer / Assistant Buyer, 2005 – 2007
Executed all aspects of buying within the company. Planned and selected assortments that supported customers’ merchandising strategies. Led initiative to develop an inventory management tool that increased productivity and reduced inventory costs. Conducted market research, aided in product development initiatives, and identified emerging market trends. Assisted in growing annual sales by over 10%.
Inventory Analyst/Coordinator, 2001 – 2005
Managed all aspects of purchase order processes while utilizing quantitative skills to ensure proper flow of merchandise to clients. Allocated inventory to distribution centers based on store base and historical sales data. Formulated pricing and analyzed cost and profit margins for major wholesale accounts.
BLUE Q, Pittsfield, MA 1997 – 2000
Major Account Coordinator
Managed all areas of account management and cultivated enduring relationships with retailers and foreign distributors. Executed accounts receivable functions on a daily basis. Performed audits and approved all non-inventory related payables. Contributed concepts and copy for product packaging, advertisements, press releases, and product catalogues. Arranged shipping logistics, compiled and communicated vendor-specific protocols to ensure compliance.